Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Tradition

This week I started reading a book called Treasuring God in our Traditions by Noel Piper (John Piper's wife). I am so excited about this book and the idea that Brandon and I get to start our own family traditions. This is something I've looked forward to when Bella was born. I remember all of the family traditions I had growing up and we plan on continuing them and making some of our own. One that I loved as a child was having my own little tree in my room and getting to decorate it however I wanted. This may have been the beginning of my hobby of decorating!

Here is our tree in the living room.

This is in our room. Of course blue and brown to match! It also has a Bride and Groom ornament, baby ornament, and a family heirloom ornament from the Johnsons hanging on it.

Bella has a ballerina tree of course! She did help pick out the cute little ornaments at Hobby Lobby! She became a local celebrity there wearing her distinguishable hat the other week with all of our trips! The employees recognize us! That could be a bad sign! :)

Bella came down with a cold this weekend, but nothing that bringing out the Christmas PJ's early and a little Baby Einstein couldn't cure!

3 comments:

Armstrong's said...

Adorable pictures of Bella! Still feel badly about her being sick. Sorry if it was my cold... :)

I'd love to borrow that book when you're done!
Emily

Dan and Jen said...

I love your blog!! Your decorating skills are awesome. I absolutely love this little ballerina tree and what a sweet family tradition. Your little bella is the cutest baby ever! You can check out our blog too if you are ever interested, http://danjenhague.blogspot.com

The Bailes said...

WOW...lots of posting to catch up on! LOVE, Love, LOVE all the pics :) I can't believe we see each other every week and I still learn a lot on your blog...ohhhh, maybe it's the babies keeping us from getting everything chatted about ;)