Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Monday, October 4, 2010

Our weekend in Oklahoma

Bella and I recently had a girls trip to Norman, OK this weekend to visit our good friends, the Kennedys. Brandon was golfing with friends in TX, and Benjamin got to stay with Gigi and Papa. That helped the road trip and our stay to go a little smoother! :)

We did lots of birthday prep for Selah's 3rd birthday. Ashley did an amazing job creating this beautiful tea party fit for a princess! We had such a blast catching up, being crazy with the kids, and party planning!

Saturday we ran errands and did a little shopping on Campus Corner. Unfortunately a few of the best shops were closed due to the big OU and UT game in Dallas. It was almost like a ghost town!


Bella had a blast on their swingset that was just like Gigi and Papas, their playhouse, and trampoline!


Let the party begin! Ashley handmade the birthday pennant, the cupcake toppers, and the invites. All soo adorable! She's soo talented! I helped decorate and put together the cupcake toppers and made the cupcakes. She found the cupcake teacups in Portland. You just pour the batter in and bake them right in the little cups! So cute right?

This amazing teapot cake was a gift from one of their friends! Isn't it amazing!?
Twirling in her new tutu!

The ceiling was a last minute idea that came into play around midnight Saturday night! Doesn't it just top the party off perfectly! haha

Selah, the birthday girl! We tried to have them sleep together in Selah's bed, but Bella wanted her own bed. We compromised and put the pack and play in Selah's room and Selah talked Bella to sleep the first night. I don't think Selah slept until 11pm! The next day we took Bella out of her room!

Bella was ready for cake ever since we picked it up after church from the bakery! She could hardly wait!

The cupcakes I made! Yum!

The girls all got their nails painted...


and make up done! Bella was soo excited about this!

Her serious model face after makeup! She was puckering those lips so well!

I absolutely love having a girl! This was all right down my alley! We had so much fun together and I'm so blessed to have Ashley as my best friend and it's even more fun that we both have girls that were born 3 months apart just like we were!

2 comments:

The Bailes said...

SOOOOOO cute! I love the lip pic, everything so adorable, I can't wait to do that with Sophie

gigi x's 4 said...

yes that was sooo cute. glad you got to stay for that! loving the lipstick girl.