I had a wonderful mother's day weekend! Saturday I got some "me" time and time with Val and my mom. We spent the afternoon admiring Monet's 3 panels of water lilies at the Nelson Atkins Art Museum, then we strolled around the Kauffman gardens and just let scenery soak in. We also enjoyed an amazing dinner at the Webster House. We all three ordered the same thing, which is usually a no no, but there were no regrets! We had glazed salmon, their house made mac n' cheese, and rice flour fried green beans! Yum! Then, for dessert we went to cupcakes a la mode and shared the stuffed french toast, the PB&J, and the mama mia cupcakes. Wow, they were delicious!!! I felt so refreshed and renewed and stuffed after spending time with Val and my mom. We had great conversation and no distractions except for the amazing food! I'm incredibly blessed to have my mom and the biblical example she is as a woman of the Lord, and mother.





Sunday morning as I was finishing up getting ready the doorbell rang. I had a suspicion there might be two little cuties on the other side so I grabbed my camera! I was right! They surprised me with these beautiful flowers that we planted later in a pot so I can admire them for months to come! Bella kept saying "Mother's day, Mother's day!" haha I guess three words were too much to remember! Benjamin just giggled and ran through the door. They spoiled me by taking me out to breakfast at Panera and then we went to the zoo for the morning. It was a gorgeous day and so much fun to have Brandon there to help corral the kids.




We all had amazing naps when we got home and then we had a babysitter come to watch the kids so Brandon and I could go to Pizza club!
3 comments:
sounds like a great day. love the picture of the kids and flowers at the door!
oops thought the our mothers day one was a different post. Love the pics. thanks for making it a great day for me.
I left a comment a few days ago. hmm. anyway. I had a great day with you and Val. and I love the pic with the kids at the door.
Post a Comment