Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Vanessa's big 3-0!

Yesterday I hit a huge milestone you could say! I'm choosing to embrace this next decade of 30's! The morning started with cards and presents that Brandon had set up on the table before he left for work. So the kids and I got to have a fun little celebration as they opened my gifts from themselves! Then we got donuts for breakfast of course! To continue celebrating my day I used a gift card from Brandon that he gave me at Christmas for the spa at our gym. It's ranked one of the top spas in KC! I got an express pedi, facial, and an hour massage! It was amazing!!! Then he had arranged for a sitter and we went to dinner at McCormick's and Schmick's on the Plaza. We ate so well! We shared the calamari, I had a cup of the world's best clam chowder, we both had caesar salads. I had the chef's recommendation for a fish dish, and Brandon had steak of course! The menu even printed Happy Birthday on the top with the date for me and they brought out their famous chocolate bag dessert on the house! Well, the mini version at least! It was amazing and I could hardly walk out of there. After that Brandon told me that he had ordered a few cupcakes for us to pick up back in Olathe to eat for dessert. When we got there though, I was completely surprised and a little scared when my friends and family jumped up from behind the counter and yelled "SURPRISE"! I was extremely shocked because I was totally scoping out what kind of cupcake I was going to get! I felt so loved to be surrounded by so many special people on a special day! Thanks everyone for playing a part!


























3 comments:

Armstrong's said...

Looks like a great day! I love the surprised look on your face- great picture :)

Stacey said...

Hi Vanessa!! I found your blog...you have such a beautiful family!

The Bailes said...

SURPRISE! 30 looks great on you :)