Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Monday, April 16, 2012

It's a BOY!

Today was a big day! We just had our sonogram and the baby looked wonderful and healthy! We met with our doctor for a few minutes and then went to lunch at the Cheesecake factory to find out what we are having! This has been our tradition with each baby. We order dessert after lunch and hand the envelope to the waiter. Then, we're surprised by the candle they bring out! This morning the kids were so excited and full of energy at the doctor's office. :) Bella kept telling everyone she wanted a baby girl and the pink candle! Benjamin usually just says he wants a baby when you ask him. So easy to please! But Brandon had been coaching him to say boy and blue today.

I had a feeling it was a boy so I've been doing my best to prepare Bella in case it was a boy. When we handed the waiter the pink and blue candles she made sure to tell him, "I want the pink candle!!" Well, there's not much we can do at this point! Even though I've thought I've known it was boy this whole time, I'm still surprised that it's actually a boy. I'm so excited that the boys will be closer in age together and they'll end up sharing the bathroom in our new house. Bella was upset I could tell because she was really quiet and not smiling anymore. It made me so sad for her, I think I was crying for her, but she didn't shed a tear thank goodness or I would have completely lost it! I was trying to think of a million reasons why it's exciting for her that it's a boy but not one would make her smile. I thought for sure she would be so excited if I reminded her that she got her own bathroom and shower in the new house. She smiled for like half of a second. I asked her, "isn't that fun!" She looks at me so sad and says, "no mommy, I want a baby girl." I just had to turn around because I was crying again! Emotional and exciting day! I'm sure she'll come around soon!

Bowen Lynn is our baby boys' name! Lynn is my middle name and also my dad's middle name for whom he is named after. I hope he inherits many of his Papa's qualities! Bowen means nobleman and by now I guess we have a "B" theme going on! It's the only name I had for this baby whether it was a boy or girl. I somehow always do that.










3 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations!! Little boys are so stinkin' cute!

Emily Baum said...

Hey Vanessa! Just saw your big news, CONGRATS!!!!

gigix's5 said...

looks like it was still a yummy lunch. she'll love that little Bowen!