Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The kids rooms project/ my kind of nesting

I have been waiting in anticipation to decorate the kids' rooms. The past couple of houses we've been in were short term so I didn't want to invest time or money into them. Bella of course takes after me and has been talking about painting her room for several months! Here are a couple before pictures of Benjamin's room. All three kids' rooms were just blank canvases. And look for the refinished bird cage at the end!
Here's Benjamin's room! I made the rain gutter bookshelves that are all over pinterest. Very easy for me to do even at 9 months pregnant. The kids love them, and I think they look so cute with all the books displayed. The only thing is that the books lean forward very easily if you have too many in there. And the kids are of course always getting books out (the whole purpose) so they don't always look so put together.
I took some pictures of Benjamin playing football in Gigi and Papa's backyard. I think they turned out so cute! He's wearing a shirt with the #14 on it, which was Brandon's high school football number! It's the little details!
The awesome football wall I had envisioned! Thanks to Brenda Eslinger for the amazing talent, time, and care she put into this amazing wall! Benjamin talks about it nonstop and shows it off to everyone!
I painted some clipboards to display pictures and art. He loves them and I think they're the PERFECT thing for this sporty little boys room and so inexpensive to do! Also, the easiest thing to change out art or pictures! I also found this little accent table at Target for only $15! Not bad for a little block/work table! He also loves this and is always at it!
This was one of his newborn pictures! And a book from Gigi when he was a baby. I wonder how long I'll be able to display this picture in his room? So sweet!
Here is Bowen's room! Aunt Kate did most of the work on the stripes and they look amazing! We are reusing Benjamin's nursery stuff but I had to give the boy nursery a new twist with the chevron.
You can see his little hearbeat bear (puppy) made by Benjamin and Bellaand his lovie bear from Uncle Barry and Aunt Christie waiting for Bowen in his bed!
His reading corner with his barrel of monkeys!
The changing table and frames ready for some cute pictures!
The boys bathroom. I love the dark gray with the blue and orange.
Bella's room! The tree adhesive was one of the two big projects for her. This is the 3rd time I've stuck this thing up in a different house. I repainted some old picture frames and put corkboard in them to display her artwork. The corkboard wasn't thick enough to use push pins like I planned so I glued some little clothes pins on top of the corkboard to make is easy to change out art or pictures.
She also got some rain gutter bookshelves
The refinished birdcage! I painted in orange, finished it with a layer of glitter paint which is a little hard to see in the picture, made a no sew cord cover and hung her chandelier light inside! She loves this and uses it to house her animals and tea set! ;)
Her bathroom has the same colors but owls instead of birds. I made this hair clip frame with chicken wire. Super easy and cute. She loves having her own bathroom!
Our most recent home project was getting a Guier Fence! I love it and think it's the best looking fence! My sister helped me pick out the design of course and the kids were running wild after it was complete! Just in time to secure them back there before Bowen arrives this week!

1 comment:

The Bailes said...

LOVE all of the rooms; send your decorating ideas my way now!!