Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Monday, March 1, 2010

Potty Training 101

This week I learned that I have as much to learn about potty training as Bella does! What a week is all I can say! The weather was freezing and there was ice and snow on the ground so it made for a great week to be homebound. We got the big girl Dora panties, the MnM's, the potty chair, the potty books, etc. The first couple of days Bella was very cooperative and would try whenever I asked her to go and she would go on the potty, do her "potty dance", fist bumps, get an MnM, and we were all happy. We even had a hilarious incident involving poop and a brown canvas tote! I guess I thought she was done with her business and I was changing Benjamin and she walks in his room with something brown on her hand! I literally gasped! I ran in to find she had pooped in a brown canvas tote where we store her diapers and wipes! Interesting!!! I had to get out the carpet cleaner for pets! LOL.



Then, on day 3 she decided she did NOT want to go on the potty at all. Every 30 -45 minutes we would go and try and she would throw a fit and get down and then have an accident 5 minutes later. This went on for two days. So I was ready to give up. The next day we wore pull ups and if she wanted to go then fine, but I wasn't going to force anything. Believe it or not, she initiated twice and had a dry pull up and went in the potty! With one even being her first poo poo!

Haha, I know this is very exciting to everyone reading this! So now we are wearing pull ups full time, and I may put panties on her while we're home and she's awake, but my expectations are much lower, and I have to make her think that she's in control. :)

3 comments:

gigi said...

oh my on picture of poop. i hope no one is eating a snack or tootsie roll when they read this one. I like the hand bump part. we'll have to do it here!

Sara said...

too funny Vanessa . . . I remember those days! Good luck!

The Bailes said...

That is a BIG poop!