Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Grandpa Sachse


Grandma Sachse lost her dance partner tonight, as my sweet Grandpa Sachse died unexpectedly. 
My mom sent me a text asking for prayer as he had fallen and hit his head. The kids and I stopped right then and we all started praying.  I was devastated to hear later that he wasn't going to make it. My mom and dad, along with my aunts and uncles were able to make it in time to see him as he passed. How devastating this was for us to lose him, as Saturday was going to be the Sachse family Christmas; Christmas Eve a day of celebration, not a day of burying someone your love dearly.  I don't think any of us are ever ready for death but it inevitably comes to us all. In this dark and evil world  full of hardship, sadness, and suffering, "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life" Psalm 119:50.
 I'm thankful that because of Jesus, at the end of all of this yuck is LIFE!

 I'll never forget how active Grandpa was, he could square dance the night away, solve any crossword puzzle, coax any bird his way and get any type of plant to grow.  He was funny too, with a great sense of humor.   I loved his "B" tattoo on his arm, it made him look tough. I also remember that he was a good cook, he made really good bread. I am so thankful that Bella and Benjamin also had the pleasure of knowing him, and that he got to meet Bowen. We love you, Grandpa!


No comments: