Brandon and I got an amazing 3 night weekend away all by ourselves! I think it's been over 3 years since we were out of town with just the two of us. So it was much needed and so very much enjoyed! We began our crazy journey by taking public transportation from across the bay over to Fisherman's Wharf. I don't suggest anyone do this! We took a bus to the Bart (the subway) and should have taken the F line to Fisherman's Wharf but instead we walked about 30 minutes in the wrong direction! I was about to punch someone! So needless to say the vacation didn't start out too relaxing! We finally got turned around and to our destination to begin.....
Our first day we rented bikes after a breakfast at a cafe in Fisherman's Wharf. We biked across the Golden Gate bridge with high winds and No GMO protestors. Haha! We toured the beautiful little town of Sausalito and had a coke float by a fountain. We were thinking we were pretty hot stuff on out tandem bike so we continued biking to Old Mill Park to see the Redwood trees. Big mistake! We should've stopped while we were ahead like everyone else did! So we finally made it to Tiburon to take the ferry back to the Wharf. Exhausted and probably a little smelly from biking all day we ate at an amazing restaurant (a little underdressed) called Scoma's. Amazing seafood! Fresh off the dock!
Early Sunday morning we wandered around Pier 39 before anything opened and no one was around. This time we found out where the cheapest parking was and drove our own car and were there within 25 minutes vs hours the day before! Grrrrr! We came across the famous sea lions! I was obsessed! They were so cool to watch.
Then we had breakfast at the famous Cafe Bueno. I started with the famous Irish coffee and had an amazing omelet! We caught our ferry tour of the bay and of Alcatraz. We weren't allowed to go in due to the government shutdown. I was so disappointed, but we saw some really pretty views and got great pictures of the bridge.
I was obsessed and determined to ride these cute little cable cars. The Powell Hyde line is the most scenic. Brandon was a good sport and waited in line and rode with me. He ended up enjoying it and I knew we would! It's a San Fran tourist must!
On our way out to Nappa Valley we ate at In-N-Out! I inhaled my food, it's just so amazing!
In Nappy Valley we stayed at a nice bed and breakfast in downtown. We had a nice evening out and enjoyed a couple wine tastings in town at a wine bar and then one our B&B hosted. We had amazing authentic Italian pizza, rented a movie from our B&B enjoyed the fire pit outside and then relaxed! The breakfast the next morning was amazing. The temperature started out about 30 degrees so they had a nice big fire going and french press coffee! The egg souffles and homemade blueberry and chocolate scones were sooo good! I would stay at the Old World Inn again! It was rated one of the best places to stay in Nappy according to Oprah's magazine. :)
We had time really just for one or two winery tours so we wanted to make sure we made it a good one! At breakfast someone told us of the Castle de amorosa. It was amazing! The scenery with all the little animals running around made you feel like it was another country.
2 comments:
great pics. can't wait to go someday!
loooove that place! Let's hit sonoma for my 40th bday?!...or 35th?! Less time to wait :)
Post a Comment