Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Friday, May 18, 2012

Deanna Rose

We had our Spring trip to Deanna Rose this week! I had to fit it in before we left for TN! This is one of our favorite places in KC and now that it's a little bit of a drive we'll have to make a trip in the Spring and then once in the Fall for the pumpkin patch! This was our first time to go since they closed last fall so as we pulled up the kids were freaking out with excitement as they remembered Deanna Rose! We easily spent about 4 hours there seeing all the animals, playing on each piece of equipment, and checking out the old timey stores. Feeding the baby goats with a bottle and the pony rides are major highlights. Benjamin was a good sport and watched as Bella got to ride the pony. He'll be old enough next time, or close enough by a few weeks hopefully! The peacock showed off his feathers for us, it was so cool! Bella was brave wanting to feed the huge billy goats and Benjamin made sure each baby goat got a sip from his bottle! He made sure they all shared! :) We went to the general store for a game of checkers and a piece of taffy and then next door to the ice cream parlor for some yummy ice cream! This was a well deserved fun day in the midst of our craziness right now!
They sat through the whole milking demonstration. This was a first for us!

1 comment:

gigix's5 said...

yes, love the intense looks listening to the milking demo! . I hate I'm missing these things!