Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bowen Lynn Johnson

The drama of this pregnancy has been going on for awhile, but the the real excitement all started when I went in on Aug. 27 for my last prenatal appointment. The sonogram showed Bowen was still breech and my amniotic fluid was too low. Dr. Schieber said, "How do you feel about meeting back up here tonight after we get our kids to bed and we do this C-section sooner than later?" I said, "Great"! Brandon was in town for the week, baby was healthy, no more reasons to stall this delivery! So for the next couple of hours I was calling Brandon to tell him the big news and to ask his help to pack all of our bags! I wasn't quite prepared for this day! He was playing tennis of course and finally called me back. So we got the kids stuff together and dropped them off at Papa and Gigi's and we headed up to the hospital. Since we weren't on the schedule we had to wait until about 10pm before there was room for us. I got all prepped, and finally wheeled down to the OR. There was quite a team in there and I felt very well taken care of. We all guessed what time he would be born and Brandon got it at August 28 at 12:02am! Later they weighed him and Brandon guessed it again 7lbs 2oz! Our littlest nugget of course that would have been a piece of cake delivery after the other two! Ugh! God had different plans so I trust there was a very good reason for this! He was perfect and of course immediately handsome! We stayed the full 4 nights to recovery and I'm so glad I did! At times the hospital got a little claustrophobic but I'm glad we stuck it out and I wasn't home distracted by everything and trying to walk too much. We had some very sweet nurses and a great doctor. We also had wonderful visitors that helped pass the time and gave us a sense of reality from "the outside". I'm so overjoyed and blessed by what a sweet gift Bowen is! I look forward to raising him and seeing the plans that God has for his life!

No comments: