Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat I am Sweet!

This weekend we enjoyed our tradition of carving pumpkins and roasting the seeds! I was so excited to eat the seeds when we were finished carving! I put butter, cinnamon, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice on them. The entire house smelled so good! And then, what always happens about the last couple weeks of each pregnancy.... things tend to burn and break! The whole house filled with smoke and the seeds turned into black gooh almost instantly! I was so bummed! This is the second of three or four things I've burnt or broken this week!

Sorry it's a little blurry, we have a friendly ghost, a bat, and a smiley face! Bella was only interested in carving if she could help hold the little special carving knife! Don't worry, it was safe!

Here is our busy little bee! She's on the search for something sweet!

We met up with her cousin Sophie and puppy Leroy to trick or treat around the square in Liberty. Several of the little shops offered candy and it was fun to walk around the quaint streets. We also hit up a bonus "Trunk or Treat" at a local little church on the walk back to Aunt Val's and Uncle Lea's!



Isabella quickly figured out what this was all about! She insisted on putting the candy in her bag all by herself and did not want us to hold her hand. Then she would continue to grab a huge handful and mastered getting up to 5 pieces of candy in one swipe! Of course, no one could resist our sweet bee! She loved checking out all of her treats!

After the trick or treating we enjoyed an amazing pumpkin themed dinner at Val and Lea's. She made this yummy pumpkin sausage ziti (it sounds funny, but was soo good!) my mom made pumpkin muffins and pumpkin hummus, and I failed the pumpkin challenge and brought caesar salad. Val also made my favorite fall dessert the pumpkin pie cake!

3 comments:

gigi said...

these pictures are so cute!! we enjoyed walking around watching them. the two cutest bumblebees ever! i love the picture of bella walking where you can see brandon holding her hand

The Bailes said...

What a fun time...what is Ben going to be to match next year?! Haha, we'll have to find something unique!

Unknown said...

I was at Paula's show when she made that pumpkin ziti! It looked good, but I haven't tried to make it yet.