Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. "

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

KC zoo with crew!

We had almost the whole crew at the zoo today! The kids and I met up with Aunt Val, Sophie, Porter, Aunt Kate, Gigi, Papa, Jacky, and Mary! It was so much fun to see everyone enjoy the cooler July day. We watched some of the Sea Lion show and left a few minutes early so we could get good seats and the new bird show! Benjamin was laughing so hard with excitement as the birds flew right over his head! Aunt Val even got to go on stage and the huge owl flew right at her for a great picture! After the bird show we enjoyed a free snack of popcorn thanks to Aunt Kate for the zoo bucks, and Aunt Val who ordered them all for us! Benjamin is going through a "no shirt phase" whenever he can get away with it. Apparently his shirt got a little wet or something so he needed to take it off for the train ride?? haha, but he sure loved running in those mister fans! Bella is all about asking questions and wanting to volunteer for EVERYTHING these days! I'm pretty sure she didn't get that from me! She had her hand raised almost the entire bird show to go up on stage, poor thing! Then we got lucky at the elephant keeper chat! The zoo keeper came right up to Bella and she got to ask as many questions as she wanted! I think they talked for a good 10 minutes! Some of her questions included 1) what do elephants do? 2)what are their names? 3) Do they have hair? 4) Do they do any tricks? 5) Can elephants run? 6) What do their tails do? 7) Do they have teeth? I wish I could remember them all, I think those were pretty accurate to what I could hear. She's just so cute, I love the curiosity and love of learning! Mind like a steel trap I tell ya!

1 comment:

Armstrong's said...

GREAT pictures! Looks like a fun outing- and your anniversary night looked fun, too! :)